- Finance, Legal, and Insurance
STCU is a credit union, a not-for-profit financial cooperative that operates as an association of people coming together for a common purpose. Some deposit money. Some borrow it. Some do both. Either way, we're organized to help you make sense of your finances.
A bell, a shoebox, $4,000 in assets. It might not sound like much, but for Ernie McElvain, a Lewis & Clark High School English teacher, it was enough to launch Spokane Teachers Credit Union and a remarkable story of financial service.
''We opened for business in October of '34,'' remembered Ernie, ''with a shoebox for cash deposits and a tiny cubby hole of a classroom at Lewis & Clark High School.
''Access to the credit union was difficult in those days, but we'd hang a bell outside the second story window with a rope attached and running down to the front door. When members wanted to transact business, they'd pull on the rope and let us know they were waiting.''
From these humble beginnings, STCU has grown to 500 employees, serving over 110,000 members at 16 branch locations, with $1.6 billion in assets as of November 2012. Although STCU has become the Inland Northwest's largest and most successful credit union, we've never forgotten that our most valuable assets are our members.
Whom to Contact
- Ev HopkinsCAO1620 N. Signal Dr.Liberty Lake, WA 99019Phone: (509) 344-2213
- Lisha JohnsonCash Management Officer9 S Washington St.7th FloorSpokane, WA 99201Phone: (509) 344-2594
- Barb RicheyVice President Marketing1620 N. Signal Dr.Liberty Lake, WA 99019Phone: (509) 343-6099
- Tony SwartzMember Relationship Officer10811 W Hwy 2Airway Heights, WA 99001Phone: (509) 755-3704
16 branches to serve you: www.stcu.org/branches_atms.html