Transport Planner: Spokane, WA 99224 (TRANS05490)
- Posted: September 14, 2020
LocationsShowing 1 location5810 W. Thorpe Rd
Spokane, WA 99224, USA
This position is responsible for next day transport planning elements. Managing vast data elements related to routing, accounts, vehicle telematics, and projected costs within the RoadNet Transportation Suite and System 21 applications. This position is also responsible for maintaining, promoting, and distributing various reports across multiple departments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible to make independent judgments regarding customer account deliveries, routing, and consolidating routes as needed to maintain profit margin for the company.
- Responsible for compliance with DOT laws and multi-state regulations and ensuring that significant penalties and fines are not assessed.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical reports regularly for Operations departments.
- Maintains rapport and communications with various people from inside and outside the company.
- At least monthly, participates in ride alongs and works with drivers.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)required.
- Work experience:
- 1-year routing experience
- 3 years retail delivery experience
- 3 years database maintenance/administration experience
- Any combination of the above
- Knowledge of RoadNet Transportation Suite or comparable routing software a plus.
- Beverage distribution support experience a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal. Must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and with associates possessing various levels of technical skill and knowledge.
- Must be detail oriented, with problem solving ability and strong organization skills.
- Must be highly responsible; able to work in a fast paced and detailed oriented position where failure is simply not allowed.
- Must be able to maintain composure during highly stressful situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and uses hands and fingers to operate a keyboard, mouse, telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Licenses & Certifications