IT Supervisor - Help Desk: Spokane, WA (ITSUP05550)
- Posted: October 8, 2020
LocationsShowing 1 location5810 W. Thorpe Rd+1 more
Spokane, WA 99224, USA
- Supervises Help Desk team, including work assignments, training plans, knowledge transfer, and performance reviews. Oversees & coordinates with vendors/consultants as needed.
- Actively engages with business users across company to ensure level of Help Desk support meets business needs
- Provides end user support for client technologies, including software, laptops, desktops, mobile devices, via phone, email, and/or in person contact
- Stays abreast of advancements in Help Desk end user processes and technologies and brings new capabilities into company
- Actively looks for process improvement areas, plans and carries out improvements in timely manner
- Collaborates closely with IT management team and direct manager
- Ensures SLAs are met and defines and tracks performance to metrics & leverages data to make improvements in Help Desk operations
- Ensures Help Desk tickets notes are properly documented and Knowledgebase articles and SOPs are written to document solutions and processes
- Serves as a point of escalation for complex technical problems and works to diagnose, investigate, and resolve incidents in a timely manner
- Works cross functionally with other IT departments for issues that cannot be resolved by the Help Desk
- Must be able to travel when necessary up to 25% of time
Required skills include:
- Help Desk experience as a Desktop Support Technician or Help Desk Supervisor for 4 years or more a must
- Strong knowledge of IT Service Management practices
- Willingness to accept direction from direct supervisor and to take ideas and run with them
- Strong customer service focus and ability to interact with personnel at all levels in the organization
- Ability with support from direct manager to coach and train staff to have a high level of expertise in their work
- Ability with support from direct manager to build a futured-proofed highly efficient, automated, modern Help Desk function based on the Microsoft technology stack
- A “fix the process, fix the problem” continuous process improvement approach to work
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while managing a team with the project management ability to do detailed planning to lead projects to completion on schedule
- Experience in working with Microsoft 365 platform including Office 365, AutoPilot, and InTune
- Experience supporting mobility devices, including phones, laptops, iPads, handhelds, and scanners
- Experience working with Microsoft O365 suite of products, Windows OS, and Microsoft-based client applications
- Ability to learn to coordinate large deployment projects with service providers and to lead projects after learning project management practices
- Ability to create and manage departmental budget and code all bills accordingly
- Sound communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience using and administering a Help Desk ticketing system
- Ability to handle confidential information in a reliable manner
Preferred skills include:
- Supervisory experience
- Technical degree in a computer related field
- Experience with video conferencing system support best practices
- Experience with copier and printer support best practices
- Project management certification or formal training
- ITIL v3 certification
- Technical certifications
- This position can be based either at the Corporate office in Bellevue, WA, or in Spokane, WA
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Notice: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Odom Corporation offers competitive wages, medical and dental benefits, 401k plan, and much more!
Background/Drug Screen. EOE.
Licenses & Certifications