Craft3 is a nonprofit non-bank lender that strengthens businesses, families and the environment throughout Oregon and Washington. We lend to businesses in start-up and expansion phases, established nonprofits and conservation organizations, including those unable to obtain bank financing. With capital support from financial, philanthropic and religious institutions and corporations, government agencies and accredited individual investors, Craft3 has invested more than $440 million in Northwest communities since 1994. Learn more at www.Craft3.org.
The Business Lender position is responsible for generating and underwriting new mission based business loans and servicing a loan portfolio that meets Craft3’s mission, financial and risk goals. The primary focus of lending targets small and medium businesses (not micro) in the Pacific Northwest, specifically those owned by minority, woman, veteran, and immigrant entrepreneurs and those located in low to moderate income/redevelopment areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include some or all of the following and are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Actively prospects for strategic business loan opportunities from multiple sources. Works with Craft3 Marketing professional to coordinate strategy and support.
- Meets prospective borrowers, collects information, evaluates loan requests, negotiates loan terms and conditions.
- Determines the level of complexity, mission and strategy fit, and prospect’s readiness to borrow. Underwrites loans in accordance with policy or works cooperatively with assigned Underwriter to prepare detailed risk analysis of borrowers' repayment ability including financial and industry analysis of the borrowers' businesses, presents and defends loan proposals to loan committee based on effective critical thinking.
- Provides informal consulting to clients regarding business plans, projections and business practices. Knows and refers to effective Technical Assistance providers who will help prospects with basic pre-application work such as business plan review and feedback.
- Monitors outstanding borrowers for conformance with loan conditions, progress in meeting business goals, and overall business performance. Reports all emerging problem loans to management when weaknesses are detected.
- Manages portfolio risk in accordance with industry and organization standards and directives of the Credit Risk Manager.
- Participates in loan collections and enforcement actions when necessary. May specialize in a specific loan product or targeted market sectors.
- Participates fully with all members of the Craft3 team. Effectively uses technology tools to perform required duties.
- Contributes to the body of knowledge, sharing best practices and suggesting process improvement ideas.
- Loan Approval
- Limited approval authority to be determined. Full voting participation on Staff Loan Committee approvals, assigned to individuals in peer group, on a rotating basis.
- Interact with a portfolio of clients and outstanding loans. This portfolio will include loan relationships initiated by the lender and also other relationships that are originated by other lenders.
- Insure required financial information is submitted timely by the borrower
- Complete analysis of borrower data, and draws a conclusion if there is a change in the level of risk associated with the borrower.
- Develops and manages referral network maintaining Craft3 brand in the marketplace with quality mission fit transactions to meet lender goals.
Apply for this position at https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=craft3&jobId=99452&lang=en_US&source=CC2